The Best Almond Milk Recipe
Recipe Type: Drinks
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 6 hours (depends on soaking time)
You will need:
- Large bowl / tupperwear
- Plastic wrap
- 1 cup Raw or roasted Almond (no salt added)
- 3.5 cups Water + extra water for soaking almonds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract / 1 Vanilla beans
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, put roasted almonds and pour enough water to cover the nuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, soak the nuts overnight.
- Check if the nuts are softened then drain the water and discard.
- Pour soaked nuts, water, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture using strainer.
- Discard water that was used for soaking the nuts.
- Make sure the almonds are soaked well and soft. If its still hard, soak it longer.
- Soak the almonds in a refrigerator in summer time or in a hot room. Put them in a tupperwear instead of using a large bowl.
- Strain well to make smooth almond milk.
- Homemade almond milk will last up to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Finish using it while fresh.
- You can make homemade cereal with almond that’s been strained.