Corn Sushi Recipe | Corn Gunkan maki
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
2 cups Rice
1 tablespoons Vinegar
1/2 tablespoons Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 canned Sweet Corn (aprox. 190g)
2 tablespoons Japanese salty mayonaise
1/2 teaspoon mustard
12 black seaweed paper (aprox. 3x20cm)
1. Cook rice with a rice cooker.
2. Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl to make sushi rice sauce.
3. Drain and dry canned corns and marinate it with Japanese mayonaise and mustard.
4. When rice is ready, add sushi rice sauce then lightly mix and cool it down at the same time.
5. Cool down your hands to make sushi rice balls or use sushi kit.
6. Wrap sushi rice balls with black seaweed paper cut in aprox. 3 x 20 cm, try to make a space to put marinated sweet corns on the top.
7. Place 1/2 tablespoon of marinated sweet corns to cover the top layer.