Ehoumaki Sushi Recipe
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep time: 1 hour 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 45 mins
You will need
Bamboo sushi mat
7 small rice bowls or 450g Sushi Rice
1 Cucumber, cut into long cucumber sticks
1 Japanese egg omelet
1 Carrot, boiled and cut into carrot sticks
1 Avocado, slice or cut into same size as other vegetable sticks
6 cooked shiitake mushrooms, slice it *optional
4 Seaweed paper
1. Place one sheet of seaweed paper on a bamboo sushi mat.
2. Spread a thin layer of sushi rice on seaweed paper, remember to leave at least 1 cm top and bottom edge of the smoked salmon uncovered.
3. Arrange carrot, egg omelet, cucumber, and avocado on bottom ⅓ of the rice. Again, leave 1 cm from the bottom.
4. Lightly hold arranged ingredients and roll from bottom to the top edge with the bamboo mat then press.
5. Don’t cut the sushi roll if you want to have it in a traditional Ehomaki style.