Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Garlic shrimps served at restaurants are quite oily and they sprinkle so much salt than you imagine. Here is a healthy Hawaiian garlic shrimp recipe cooked with healthy oil, less salt, and of course no MSG.
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 37 mins
You will need:
- Deep pan
- Cooking sheet
- 25 Shrimps
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil (extra virgin olive oil if possible)
- 3 tablespoons salted Butter
- 1 1/5 to 2 heads of Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Echalote (use onion for substitute)
- Paprika powder (if you have)
- 1/2 cup White wine
1. How to make Rice Milk with Cooked Rice
- Cut off the garlic head crosswise without peeling, place it on a baking sheet covered with foil then drizzle the cut surface with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast at 205ºC / 400°F for 35 minutes. (Don’t peel or divide into the individual cloves as we want to use the whole bulb.)
- While baking, finely chop another garlic and echalote or onion.
- Remove heads and legs of shrimps, devein shrimp by using a paring knife. Making a slit along the shrimp’s back is important when marinating.
- When garlic is ready, squash it out into a bowl and make a garlic paste.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half butter over low heat, stir fry finely chopped garlic and echalote until slightly golden.
- Add the rest of olive oil and butter, lightly stir then add wine, paprika powder, roasted garlic paste, and 1/2 lemon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Put shrimps in then cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. When it’s cooked, turn it higher for 10 seconds.
- Quickly place them on a plate with it’s sauce and decorate with cut lemon on the side.
- Don’t burn garlic when roasting. Adjust the heat to get the golden colour.
- Harder to squash out the garlic if not cooked enough.
- Make roasted garlic paste as smooth as possible.
- Always keep it low to medium heat.
- Use onion instead if you can’t get echalote.
- If you prefer it oily, add extra olive oil, not butter.
- Sprinkle less salt. Remember, the butter contains salt.
- Add salt or pepper if not enough.