Homemade Rice Milk Recipe
Rice milk is one of the milk substitutes for vegans and those who are allergic to milk. You can find them at supermarkets in the health food sections but it can be quite pricy and it’s often in a package stored on the shelves that doesn’t require refrigerating. Wouldn’t it be great if you can make your own rice milk when ever you want rather than buying a preserved ones? This is the most simple, easy, and quick rice milk recipe you can find on the internet. Have you got rice leftovers from last night? Please do you them. I will be showing you 2 different ways of making rice milk.
Recipe Type: Drinks
Prep time: 1 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 3 mins
You will need:
- Glasses or cups
- 4 cups Cooked rice or 3 teaspoons raw rice
- 1+ cup Water (adjust as you blend them)
- Honey, maple syrup, sugar, salt or any flavour you like (*optional)
1. How to make Rice Milk with Cooked Rice
- Prepare cooked rice.
- Put rice and water in a blender.
- Blend them together for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour it in glasses.
- Add honey or sugar if you like it sweet. You can add very little salt to taste to have it simple.
2. How to make Rice Milk with Raw Rice
- Rinse rice then put it in a yogurt maker and add water. (approx. 40 ℃)
- Let it sit for half a day or a day.
- When it’s ready, blend it in a blender for 2 minutes.
- Use a strainer and filter the liquid.
- Add a flavour if you wish.
- Add any flavour you like. Honey, maple syrup, sugar of your preference, vanilla extract, salt, etc.
- When straining the liquid, use kitchen paper, coffee filters, or any strainers you have.
- If straining once isn’t enough for you, do it for few more times.
- If you are planning to use it as a milk substitute, it’s better to make it thicker. Add less water and adjust as you blend in the blender.
- You can also as a hot rice milk by heating in a milk pan. (or microwave it if that’s easier for you. I personally don’t like microwaving)