Homemade Soy Milk Recipe
Recipe Type: Drinks
Prep time: 0 mins
Cook time: 7 mins (plus soaking time)
Total time: 7 mins
You will need:
- Large bowl
- Deep pan
- Wooden spatular
- 1 cup Soy Beans
- 3 cups Water (for soaking beans)
- 2 to 3 cups Water
- Honey (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Put soy beans in a large bowl and add three times amount of water to beans. (if 1 cup of beans, add 3 cups of water)
- Soak it overnight for about 8 hours. Take one and crash it with your fingers to check if they ready to be used.
- Rinse them a few times and put them in the blender, add water and blend them for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour the blended soy beans puree in a deep pan and cook over medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir it with wooden spoon while heating.
- When it’s cooked, strain the pulp and soy milk using a strainer.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Simmer and stir soy bean puree well.
- Be careful not to burn the bottom of the pan while heating.
- Use sieve lined strainer with a cheesecloth to strain soy milk.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
- Store in refrigerator and finish while fresh.