How to make Sushi Rice | Shari
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
You will need
Sushi Rice Sauce
1. Rinse rice and drain it using colander.
2. Add the same amount of water as rice then let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Add a little bit of Sake, start cooking rice.
4. After mixing cooked rice with Sushi Rice Sauce, use a fan to cool it down.
5. Sushi rice will shine when you fan it.
Tips for making Sushi Rice
- Use dried rice. Japanese Rice is highly recommended.
- Add Japanese Sake when cooking rice.
- Don’t cook rice too soft as it will be mixed with Sushi Rice Sauce later.
- Try to mix lightly but well after Sushi Rice Sauce is added.
- Rice should not be too sticky.
- Cover the bowl with clean wet kitchen cloth to avoid from drying up.