How to Make Hojicha Green Tea
Hojicha Tea is roasted Green tea over high heat to bring out its beautiful taste and aroma. It is one of the healthiest Japanese tea that contains tannin and very little caffeine. Hojicha Tea is just like Chinese Oolong tea, it helps fat absorption after having oily meals. Making Hojicha Tea with a Japanese traditional teapot makes a difference in its taste.
You will need
2 heaping tablespoon Hojicha Green Tea Leaves
2 cups Hot water, 90 to 100 C / 195 – 212 F
2 tea cups
1 tea pot
1 strainer *if your teapot has none
Steps | Prepare Hojicha Tea
1. Boil the water in a kettle.
2. Warm the teapot with hot water, then empty out the hot water from it.
3. Add Hojicha Green Tea leaves in a teapot.
4. Pour boiling water over the tea leaves and let steep for 15 to 30 seconds.
5. Prepare tea cups and pour tea into it little by little from cup to cup to serve balanced tea.
6. Try to get every drop out of the teapot, the last drop is very condensed with rich flavour.
The water quality is everything, use clear water as possible.
Hojicha Tea is better served with boiling water. You will not get its flavour with warm water.
The longer you let steep, the stronger flavour you get.
Recommended to let steep for 10 to 15 seconds if you like to enjoy its aroma with light taste.
Steeping for 30 seconds makes Hojicha Tea very strong and it will bring its bitter taste out.
Getting every drop possible is the key to make the best cup of Hojicha Tea.