Santa Claus Rice Balls Recipe
Everyone know that rice balls are healthy and it’s one of the most popular Japanese lunch dishes. Aren’t they boring though? Today, I would like to share the cutest rice balls you can make for coming Christmas parties.
It’s definitely a healthy party snack that kids will just love it!
Recipe Type: Japanese
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 8 mins
You will need:
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie cutters (Love heart shaped preferable)
- 1 bowl Cooked rice (or 4 rice bowls of rice just enough to make 4 rice balls)
- 2 sticks Crab sticks
- 1 slice Ham (chicken, turkey, any ham you like)
- 4 small sausages
- 1 sheet Black seaweed paper
- Make 4 rice balls in rounded triangle shape using plastic wrapping paper. Sprinkle salt, let it cool down.
- Gently take off the red layer of crab meat stick and keep it rectangle shaped, don’t tear it. This will be Santa’s hat.
- Place a cookie cutter on the edge of ham you prepared. If you are using love shaped cutter, use the top part of the heart shape, a rounded side.
- Cut off the sides of cooked wiener sausages. This will be Santa’s nose.
- Make Santa’s eyes and mouth by cutting black seaweed paper.
- Wrap the red layer of crab meat stick around pointy side of rice balls, glue it with mayonnaise.
- Put a bit of mayonnaise to glue ham below Santa’s hat as well.
- Place cut sausages on the lower middle of ham.
- Place eyes and mouth to finish.
- If you don’t have a cookie cutter, just cut a slice of ham into small rectangles.
- You can add any filling you like when making rice balls. I like tuna mayonnaise for Santa rice balls.
- When making rice balls, gently squeeze them.