Shirataki Noodles Carbonara Pasta Recipe
Shirataki noodles are low calorie and carbohydrate Japanese yam noodles. We will be using 1 package of shirataki noodles per serving which is about 12 calories or less. This Shirataki Noodles Carbonara recipe is a must try for those craving for heavy cream pastas while on diet.
Recipe Type: Japanese Italian Confusion
Prep time: 3 min
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 10 mins
You will need:
- Large pot to boil noodles
- Large bowl
- Wooden cooking chopsticks
- 4 packs Shirataki noodles
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (Extra virgin preferred)
- 1 to 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 4 slices Bacon or pancetta
- 1 cup Milk or Soy milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- Cheese of your preference (Parmesan cheese preferred)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped or dried (*Optional)
- In a large pot, prepare a good amount of water to boil Shirataki noodles.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over low heat, add minced garlic when it’s ready, then add the bacon and cook for a few minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix milk and egg yolks well. Add cheese and a pinch of salt.
- When water starts to boil, cook drained and rinsed Shirataki noodles, bring to a boil.
- Drain Shirataki noodles, lightly stir fry it in the large pan with bacon.
- Toss it into the egg mixture and mix quickly but lightly.
- Ground pepper before serving.
- Always remember to boil Shirataki noodles as it has a strong smell.
- Cut Shirataki noodles if long.
- Add cheese if it’s not creamy enough.
- Mix it very quickly