Black Sugar Latte Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
You will need
- 2 bowls
1 1/4 cups Rice Flour
1/2 cup Water
- Fill a pot with water and place over high heat, bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, put rice flour and gradually add water until the dough turns soft but not sticky.
- Make little dumpling balls, then press the center with your finger so that it cooks evenly.
- When the water begins to boil, put the balls into the pot.
- Prepare another bowl filled with water with some ice while cooking rice dumplings.
- Dumpling balls will start to float on the surface, take them out and put in them in the icy cold water bowl.
- Take them out of the water and serve with Sweet Red Beans Paste, Sweet Soysauce Syrup, Ice Cream, Black Sugar syrup, anything you like.
- Make the dough soft but not as soft as marshmallows.
- Press the center of the balls to cook evenly.
- If you prefer ball shaped rice dumplings, make them small so it will be cooked inside.
- Drain water well after cooling them down.
- If you like it very sweet, blend rice flour and sugar before adding water.
- It is recommended to serve with syrup or red beans paste rather than adding sugar in the dough.