Shrimp Tempura Roll Recipe
1 Sushi Roll
Prep time: 1 hour (to cook rice)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 min
You will need
1 Bamboo sushi mat
1 Sushi knife or sharp knife
1 flat cutting board
2 small plates for soy sauce
1 Rice cooker
1 bowl, 3/4 to 1 cup of Rice
1 sheet of Seaweed paper
2 deep fried Shrimp Tempura
1 teaspoon Sesame
2 green perilla * if possible (lettuce or any green vegetable)
1 teaspoon of Tempura Sauce or, 1/5 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Wasabi
1. Place a sheet of seaweed paper on top of the bamboo sushi mat.
2. Spread a thin layer of cooked rice over 3/4 of the seaweed leaving about 1 to 2 cm / 1 inch of uncovered seaweed at each end.
3. Arrange green vegetable in the middle with some sesame and put deep fried Shrimp Tempura on top of it.
4. Sprinkle with salt or tempura sauce on Shrimp tempura.
5. Roll up the sushi with bamboo sushi mat, make sure Shrimp Tempra won’t fall out.
6. Place Shrimp Tempura Roll on a flat cutting board and slice it using a sharp knife.
7. Prepare soy sauce in a small plate with wasabi on side.