Simple Japanese Tofu dish with a Secret scoring Technique
You have probably tried Japanese styled tofu dishes from restaurants but have you every thought of trying to make it at home? I will teach you a little secret that can change your tofu dish into a professional “Kobachi dish” from authentic Japanese restaurants.
Recipe Type: Japanese
Prep time: 0 min
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
You will need:
- Small bowls for 4
- 1 pack Tofu
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Soysource
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons Spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sesame, grind (*Optional)
- Cut a package of tofu into 4.
- Score entire surface of tofu with a knife in a lattice pattern by cutting 1cm-deep, spacing 0.5cm apart.
- Put tofu on a plate and pour soy source first, sprinkle chopped spring onion and coat it with sesame oil last.
- Sesame oil is always the last.
- If you’re not too sure about the quality of tofu, lightly boil it in a deep pan with water. (You can use konbu seaweed soup stock as well.)