Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 500 g thinly sliced beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or beef fat
- 1 leek, negi or spring onion * onion for substitute
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 enoki mushrooms * if available
- 1 package tofu
- 1 package shirataki noodles
- 200 g Chinese cabbage
- 1 chrysanthemum greens * optional
Sukiyaki Sauce :
- 3/4 to 1 cup (8 oz) water * or Kelp Soup is available
- 75 cc (2.5 oz) soy sauce
- 75 cc (2.5 oz) Japanese cooking sake
- 75 cc (2.5 oz) mirin * if available
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- For Dipping :
- 4 eggs *optional
For Sukiyaki preparation :
1. Slice leek into 2 inch length. Remove shiitake mushroom stems, trim enoki mushrooms. Cut tofu into 10 cubes and boil shirataki noodle for 30 seconds, cut into 2.5 inch. Cut Chinese cabbage and chrysanthemum greens into 2 inch wide pieces.
2. Heat vegetable oil or beef fat on a pan or an electronic pan and spread it.
3. Stir-fry leek for 10 seconds, then place beef slices until lightly browned.
4. Add sukiyaki Sauce mix.
5. Add shirataki noodle, tofu, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, Chrysanthemum green in right order then leave it till mushrooms are cooked.
Use the beaten raw eggs to dip the cooked sukiyaki if you like.
Calories: 879 Fat: 61.4 Carbohydrates: 39.4 Sugar: 6.7 Sodium: 1.84 Fiber: 6.2 Protein: 37.5 Cholesterol: 0.32
Sukiyaki Recipe Tips
BEEF – Thinly slice beef and leave it in a fridge till the last minute.
SHIRATAKI NOODLES – Boil Shirataki noodles with 1 liter of hot water for 30 seconds. Chop it when its cooled down.
TOFU – Cut it into cubicles.
ONION – Peel off the skin then slice it into 1 cm/o.5 inch wide.
SPRING ONION – Diagonal cut spring onion into 1 cm wide.
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM – Cut off the stem of mushrooms. You can also do decorative carving on Shiitake Mushrooms to make Sukiyaki more Original.
CHRYSANTHEMUM – Trim it into 2 inches.